Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Introducing Our Rosary Shop

Hand Crafted Amethyst and Hematite St. Benedict Rosary

I felt the pull to make rosaries in 2007, when I started wearing my Miraculous Medal daily. I would make a few and give them away to friends and family. 

This year, my friend Mary encouraged me to offer them for sale on my website. I must say that I never expected them to be so well received. After all, I'm not a "professional" rosary maker. But I've had quite a few people remark on how much they enjoy my rosaries, especially the weight of the beads (I use hand made Czech glass beads and semi-precious stones) when praying with them. Several people ordered them to give as presents since they are heirloom-quailty.

I also received feedback from customers who want a rosary but prefer something less expensive, mainly to have in their car or purse, or as a present for a little one who might not yet appreciate a more expensive rosary.



Black Glass Rosary - Value Line

Then there's the increase in evil all over our world, and the knowledge that Our Lady is the one who crushes the serpent's head. And how many Marian apparitions encourage us to pray the rosary?

All of these situations came together as encouragement, and I'm pleased to announce my rosary shop on Etsy: Silver Hill Treasures, as well as more offerings on the Rosary page on the website. So where is this going? Honestly, I'm not sure. Much like my veil shop, I am taking it one day at a time, trusting that Our Lady has plans for my humble endeavor and I am merely her instrument. Sometimes I wish she didn't trust me with so much, but I can't tell her no. So yes, I tend to overextend myself (and it's my husband who reels me in) - but I'm so in love with our faith that I want to share it with everyone!


Hand Crafted Turquoise and Red Czech glass Our Lady of Guadalupe Rosary

I've added Italian centers and crucifixes to the Holy Land selection I already had. I'm not quite ready to take custom orders, but it's something I will probably do if I'm able to juggle it (there I go with that overextension thing)! 

What about you? Do you pray the Rosary daily? Are you thinking about starting?

No comments:

Post a Comment